Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Not Too Old to Adopt

Wenky will be our first international adoption.  The rules are different in every country.  For instance, some countries have minimum and maximum ages for adoptive parents.  We certainly meet the minimum ages, but we did wonder if I was over the maximum.  It turns out I am still OK to adopt, even at 58.

When I got my annual physical last Friday, my doctor said he knew a couple that were not married, but decided to adopt together.  They were adopting from Ukraine and the father was over the age limit.  But they allowed single mothers to adopt.  They were planning to be married, but put off the ceremony until the adoption was final.

1 comment:

  1. Knowing you, you would have found a way to get a waiver... Best of luck to you in this new adventure! Brigitte

    ReplyDelete