Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bad Medicine

Monday evening my wife and I took our first dose of anti-malaria medicine.  She would be a great contestant on one of those survival shows where you eat rats and bugs.  She can eat anything.  I, on the other hand, can put my digestive system in reverse simply by eating too much raw food at once.

She has not complained at all.  Everything I have eaten since Monday is making me run to the bathroom or seems stuck in my throat three hours after I eat it.  I talked to a friend who has travelled to many countries far off the Michelin Dining Guide and he said many people get malaria because they can't stand the medicine, quit taking it and get the disease.

So I will keep taking the medicine and hope I will at least be thinner for racing season next year.  I should have skipped dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment