Friday, November 18, 2011
One Adoption Stopped, the Other on Hold
At noon today the social worker who has been our contact with Emarion told us he has decided he does not want to be adopted.
From what little we know, he has a good foster home now and recently left a bad one. He does not want to change and in his position, I might do the same. It is sad for us, but we are sure there will be another boy who needs a home.
We also finally got word from Haiti. The team we are working with is really enthusiastic about the possibility we can adopt Wenky. But they have not yet answered the question "Is Wenky free for adoption?" Until then, we can't go forward.
Our social worker was really supportive and happy we are not discouraged. She said she will get to work on finding another child.